It's time for options...
The Boston Surface Railroad Company (BSRC) was founded in 2012 to provide metropolitan New England with a privately owned and operated rail service along underserved, high traffic commuter routes that lack a convenient and affordable alternative to travel by car or bus.
New England is just one of many interconnected metropolitan regions experiencing significant growth as the U.S. economy begins to improve, stimulating residential home ownership and commercial real estate development outside of traditional urban and suburban boundaries.
BSRC has secured track and stationhouse rights between Worcester, MA, and Providence, RI, and plans to commence service in 2014 with reconditioned equipment that will carry an estimated 360,000 annual passengers in its first year of operation, constituting three percent of the total commuter population, growing to eight percent or nearly one million annual riders within five years.
- Convenient schedule of 6 daily trips
- Single stop each direction
- Uncongested rush-hour rail lines
- Easy parking/pickup at each station
- Upgraded station facilities
- Modern cars with ultra-high speed WiFi
- Leather seating and ambient lighting
- First and Business Class service
- Café car operated by Dunkin Donuts
- Full liquor service
- Discounted monthly passes
- Tickets available online or at station